HIDE INSIDE COTTAGE
Excite little one’s senses with this soft forest-themed play house, featuring multiple places to hide for hours of stimulating peek-a-boo fun. 6 fun forest friends provide a variety of fun sounds for multi-sensory play. Insert the animals in one of the 3 side pockets. Hide them inside the cottage and dump them out. Identify them by touch. Peek one out the secret opening in one of the walls. Imagine a playful day in the forest. There’s always something new for your child to discover! 8.5” x 7” x 5.5” (21.6 x 17.8 x 14cm). dt exclusive.
- Cottage with crinkle doors
- Deer with chime
- Hedgehog with squeaker
- Owl with rattle
- Fox with rattle
- Bird with crinkle
- Bunny with beads
- Activity Guide
from 9 months+
- Variety of shapes, sounds and textures will create more synaptic connections in a young child’s budding brain.
- Learn cause & effect by shaking or squeezing the different animals to produce a sound.
- Develop audio discrimination, identifying the different sounds.
- Learn object permanence through hide & seek play, understanding that an animal is still exists and is nearby even though you cannot see it.
- Develop tactile discrimination by identifying the animals by touch.
- Strengthen fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Develop memory recall by identifying an animal hiding in a pocket or inside the cottage.
- Expand vocabulary as adult helps describe the sounds, textures, appearances and names of the animals.
- Fosters imaginary play with a cottage play house and animal characters.
- Adult can help child explore story telling with the animals & forest theme.
- Use the secret opening in the side wall for puppet play.
- Teaches open and close; in and out.
- Dr. Toy’s 100 Best Children’s Products