PLAYFUL PATTERNS Heirloom Edition
An early childhood pre-math and pre-reading learning center in an heirloom wooden box, made of durable eco-friendly materials. Logic and spatial thinking will blossom with the 132 wooden geometric shapes and 34 progressively challenging designs. Match the design cards or create your own open-ended patterns and images. Box can double as self-contained work space. More activities included. Box and shapes made of beech wood and water-based paints. Labels and pattern cards printed with soy based inks. 132 shapes, 20 two-sided cards, 15.5 x 7.8 x 2” storage box. Pattern cards and instructions trilingual (English, French, Spanish). dt exclusive.
DT’s Eco-Friendly product collection contributes to conservation & preservation of our natural environments. Each of these products is:
- Made of wood sourced from sustainable forests
- Produced by factories employing eco-friendly practices
- Decorated with water-based paints
- Packed with materials printed with soy-based inks
from 4 years+
- The patterns are intentionally left white, allowing children to use their own imagination and choose their own colors.
- Card #1 introduces all the shapes. Children learn size relativity as well as different types of triangles.
- The next several cards demonstrate how halves and parts combine to form wholes.
- Designs 8-16 display simple, recognizable images with each shape outlined for children to find and match. This is like guided puzzle play.
- Card #13 with the fish features a special “shaded” shape where a piece can be placed on top of the first layer to create another dimension. This can be done where any shaded shapes appear, or wherever else children desire.
- Designs 17-26 are more challenging images. The individual shapes are not outlined, so children must find the correct fit. There is usually more than one combination of shapes to complete the images.
- Promotes School Readiness:
- Primary Colors
- Basic Shapes
- Count & Sort
- Basic Puzzle Play
- Fine Motor
- Progressive Learning
- Visual Perception
- Spatial Relationships
- Pre-Math & Pre-Reading
- Creative Expression
- Positional Concepts: Next To, Near, Opposite, Middle, Edges
- Dr. Toy’s Best Classic Toys
- Dr. Toy's Best Green Products
- Family Choice Award
- Scholastic Parent & Child – Teacher’s Picks Award