CATERPILLAR SORT AND STACK Montessori Wood Shape Sorter Toy
This unique Montessori wooden design allows for both vertical & horizontal play, developing a progression of motor & critical thinking skills. Lay out flat for shape identification and sorting. Stack for more shape matching, sequencing, and balancing. The shapes hide between the stacks. Remove the shapes when stacking for more coordination challenge. Includes caterpillar head, 5 body segments, caterpillar base, 6 shapes, activity guide. 9” (22.9cm) tall stacked. dt exclusive.
from 19 months+
- Develop grasping ability and finer pinching skills.
- Learn basic colors.
- Learn variety of shapes.
- Identify shapes by sight or touch.
- Strengthen motor coordination.
- Remove shapes when stacking to improve coordination and agility.
- Develop reasoning skill when trying to match shapes to the body segments.
- Learn to associate a shape with a body segment by sight.
- Build motor confidence.