Tactile Activity Set
Learn the fundamentals of weight measurement and progress through multiple levels of math learning with this irresistible set of kid-powered manipulatives. The chunky 3-D numerals are weighted proportionally, so 1 & 2 together will balance with 3, and so on. The mini penguin figures equal the numeral 1 in weight. Includes deck of 54 cards with a variety of illustrated balancing activities, including: numeral association / counting / numeral identification / addition. Penguin balance, 2 balance trays, 10 weighted numerals, 19 mini weighted penguins, 54 activity cards, activity guide.
13” x 6.25” x 3.75” / 33 x 16 x 9.5cm.
from 3 years+
- Visualize early math concepts with hands-on 3-dimensional objects
- The hands-on penguins and numerals allow the child to easily add to or take away from sets, or to rearrange
- Combining kinesthetic and visual learning will help to reinforce the connections formed in the child's brain, increasing the odds of retaining the learning
- Learn the concept of balance and the relative values of weights
- Associating a numeral with weight reinforces the notion of sequential progression and allows for exploration of math operations
- Practice predicting and experimenting.
- Develops fine motor dexterity.
- Promotes early math learning:
- Introduce other objects for further exploration of weights