PLACE & TRACE
This ideal first set of puzzles is also a versatile learning tool. The textured chunky pieces fit into three differently themed trays to teach shape recognition, categorization and fine motor dexterity. The 12 fun shapes can also be used for sorting and matching activities, stenciling, clay stamping, imaginary play, and even cookie cutting. Trays 8” x 8” / 20 x 20cm. dt exclusive.
from 2 years+
- Identify the colors and shapes, and expand vocabulary.
- Sort the shapes by color or according to early childhood themes.
- Match the shapes to the proper cutout spots on the trays. Each shape only fits in one specific location, minimizing frustration.
- Supports progressive skill development.
- Toddlers can use for early puzzle play.
- Preschoolers can use the shapes for open-ended play, for color recognition, dough creations and early patterning.
- Older children can use as stencils and aids for story-telling.
- Develop fine motor dexterity.
- Use shapes separately for games such as lotto, or for art projects involving tracing and stamping in dough.
- Places shapes in a bag and ask children to identify by touch alone.
- Dr. Toy’s Best Classic Products
- NAPPA Honors Award (National Parenting Publications Awards)