SOUNDS LIKE PHONICS™ ON-THE-GO ABC's
26 sturdy two-sided cards present the phonetic alphabet with familiar picture cue on front & 4 more fun illustrations on the back. The “Hidden Letter” picture cue includes a lower case letter embedded into the illustration, to assist the child in connecting the letter visual with the beginning sound of the object or action pictured. The word associated with each image is included, to assist with identification, early reading and spelling. The removable ring allows for the cards to be used individually, as well as to be attached to a carry bag or other object for portability. dt exclusive.
About the creator:
Barbara Milne, the creator of the Sounds Like Phonics™ product collection, has a background in children’s music, early childhood education and psychology from The University of Southern California. She also has years of experience as an elementary teacher and Parent Education Preschool instructor. Each of her products is based on extensive research she has done in the classroom and home environment. The Sounds Like Phonics™ product collection is exclusively developed for and distributed by Discovery Toys.
from 3 years+
- Strengthen emerging reading skills by identifying and matching alphabet letter shapes, sounds and word labels.
- Builds both upper and lower case letter recognition.
- Embedded letters aid in learning initial letter sounds.
- Expands vocabulary.
- Assists with learning the alphabet.
- Foster love of language and reading through play.