HAPPY IN OUR SKIN
Is there anything more splendid than a baby’s skin? For families of all stripes comes a sweet celebration of what makes us unique—and what holds us together.
Just savor these bouquets of babies—cocoa-brown, cinnamon, peaches and cream. As they grow, their clever skin does too, enjoying hugs and tickles, protecting them inside and out, and making them one of a kind. Fran Manushkin’s rollicking text and Lauren Tobia’s delicious illustrations paint a breezy and irresistible picture of the human family—and how wonderful it is to be just who you are.
Hardcover picture book, 32 pages.
By Fran Manushkin
Illustrated by Lauren Tobia
from 2 years+
- Infectious rhymes engage young readers and encourage them to finish each rhyme.
- Promotes diversity of skin colors & types.
- Explores the traits and benefits of our skin.
- Presents a variety of fun outdoor activities.
- Promotes self-acceptance of your physical uniqueness.
- Promotes a sense of belonging and acceptance of others.
- Bank Street College Best Children’s Book of the Year
- CCBC Choices
- Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Books